Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Anticipation is Killing Me!

I am super duper overly excited for Evelio to come home!

His 2-day pass last week went AMAZING.

He was very well behaved, but very, very, very hyper. We had a sticky spot when we first got home. I have new living room furniture and a new desk in my dining room and apparently Evelio was thinking that this was not his house. He was shaking and crying and freaking out. After about an hour in mommy's bed watching "Fairly Odd Parents", he finally became curious enough to explore the house. We have glass-topped coffee and end tables. Evelio is not used to that either. It was so funny!

So picture this, he was standing in front of the TV watching "Happy Feet" and flapping and jumping away. At the same time, he was backing up a little bit with each jump. He eventually ran into the coffee table. He turned around while holding his little backside, (I'm sure the sharpness of the edge of the glass startled him and hurt him a little) and looked at the table with his eyebrows furrowed together. He slowly reached his hand out and touched the glass. He moved his hand around on the glass and then pulled it back and looked at it. He then touched his palm to his lips and then slowly moved it down until it ran into the table again. All the time he had this curious and focused look on his face. I was cracking up. I imagine that his mind couldn't understand why there was something solid there if he could see through it. It was amazing to watch him concentrate and learn about the glass!

Anyway, he was great while he was at home. I took him to the local spray park down the street (splash pad) and he absolutely LOVED it. He loves water.
 
He also did very well using the potty. He had two #2 accidents which I'm pretty sure were my fault (I gave him grapes, which gave him diarrhea). He also wet the bed one time during the night. But he did great with using the potty without having #1 accidents during the day!
 
Since he did well during pass, he gets to come home on the 26th! I don't think time has EVER moved this slowly! I just cannot wait!
 
We had his IEP meeting this morning and discussed his placement for this year. I am super happy that he will be able to attend school for 4 hours instead of 2 that he had last year. And. . . he gets to go to school on Fridays this year too! His new teacher, Mrs. Charitan, is very likable and funny and I love her already! Her room looks fantastic. She only has 3 other students in her class at the moment so Evelio will be number 4.
 
So here's to hoping that the 26th gets here in a hurry or I just might die of anticipation!


No comments:

Post a Comment